The Hodgson Orthopedic Group wants to help its employees grow personally in parallel to their professional development.
We encourage innovation, so nothing is off the table for discussion; regardless of how audacious an idea may first appear. Whether your background is prosthetics, orthotics, other allied health professions, research or business, we feel that there may be an opportunity for you.
The Hodgson Orthopedic Group provides prosthetic and orthotic treatments to patients in the Greater Vancouver Area. We have a strong culture and believe in a “values first” approach to our daily practice. The impact of our efforts on those who seek treatment is palpable and we take pride in what we do.
Hodgson has experienced a sustained growth trajectory over the past five years. With two clinic locations and more than 20 employees, the need for a General Manager has become evident as we transition to a medium sized business.
Our ideal candidate values finding passion in life and meaning in their work. They are intrinsically motivated to contribute their best work to drive our clinics’ success, and can inspire others to do the same. An individual with creativity and dynamic problem solving capacities will thrive in this role. The successful candidate will also be IT-literate and comfortable navigating and improving the integration of our digital platforms with clinic operations.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Remuneration: Salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: December 1st 2020
- Oversee all day-to-day operations of the Hodgson Orthopedic Group in keeping with the strategic direction set by the Leadership team
- Work with the Leadership team to set the annual and strategic direction for all departments
- Oversee the clinical, administrative, financial and technical departments to ensure the maintenance of a fluid workflow at clinical standards
- Monitor all department finances and report on budget variances
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are up to date, relevant and adhered to
- Be the conduit for all human resources activities
- Provide people leadership and performance management at all levels within the organization
- Identify high potential performers and ensure development plans are in place and executed
- Oversee recruitment and hiring for all functions
- Be knowledgeable of government regulations, funding agency policies and their effects on the clinic
- Provide direct day-to-day management for the Coquitlam clinic
- Oversee the maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of clinical and laboratory infrastructure
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Develop and implement a performance-based reporting strategy for the various departments within Hodgson Orthopedic Group
- Implement and oversee a project management framework to drive continuous improvement of clinic operations
- Identify current procedural shortcomings within the Hodgson Orthopedic Group workflow and work with leadership to design and implement improvements
- Utilize superior relationship building skills with staff and Leadership to act as a trusted advisor
- Join a stable organization, with a strong culture that finds great purpose in its work
- The Hodgson Orthopedic Group is uniquely positioned for growth and development in its profession. The ideal candidate will find ample opportunity to grow with our business
The successful candidate will:
- Embody the Hodgson Orthopedic Group’s culture
- Value the awareness of their own internal emotional state and its effect on others
- Be an empathetic people leader who coaches employees to do their best work
- Maintain an up to date understanding of, and be able to discuss, trends in business philosophies, technologies and digital platforms
- Be fluent with project management techniques
Skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate teams
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with the Health Information Act guidelines
- Superior oral, written and listening communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self motivated with a drive to ensure high quality service delivery
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Employee pension plan
- Three weeks annual starting vacation